- How SalesRobot Increased Their Traffic 8x And Brought 30-40 Sign-ups/Month In Just Five Months - September 8, 2023
- The Reality of SEO: More Than Just Direct Advertising - July 22, 2023
- How to Create SEO Content that Converts Visitors to Customers - July 15, 2023
One effective strategy to go from lower page 1 of google to the top is by targeting featured snippets. And thereby, increasing traffic 2-3x.
These are special blocks of content that Google highlights on top of the search results, which can attract more clicks and drive more traffic to your site. If your content is ranking on the first SERP for a search query that shows a featured snippet, you can “win” that snippet and shortcut your way to the top position.
To optimize for featured snippets, start by identifying the most relevant queries and creating high-quality content that answers those questions.
Use a clear and concise format, and consider using lists, tables, or bullet points to make it easier for Google to feature your content.
Here is my process –
1. Google your target keyword and analyze the current featured snippet.
Take note of the:
– Number of words
– Structure, e.g. Paragraph, Numbered list, Bullet list, Table, Video
– Boldened terms and phrases
2. Open the snippet page to see where it’s positioned.
Take note of the structure and the elements before and after the snippet.
For example, is there a heading before the snippet? If so, what’s the keyword they’ve used?
3. Use your findings to write your own answer and steal the featured snippet.
Wait 4-6 weeks after making changes and keep tweaking until you win the snippet.